Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Clarke to lead Aussies into Boxing Day Test

Updated December 26, 2012 10:24:49

Cricket Australia has confirmed Michael Clarke will play in the Boxing Day Test Match against Sri Lanka at the MCG.

Clarke has been nursing a hamstring tweak sustained while batting in the first Test in Hobart, but has been declared fit to play.

Meanwhile, Jackson Bird has received his baggy green cap from Bill Lawry as he prepares for his Test debut in Melbourne.

Bird was chosen ahead of the fit left-armer Mitchell Starc, who was rested as per Cricket Australia's controversial bowling rotation system.

After Australia lost the toss and was sent into bowl on day one, Clarke told Grandstand he was fit and thrilled to be playing.

"I'm here, so I'm fine. I'm 100 per cent fine and I'm looking forward to this Test match," he said.

"I've trained well over the last couple of days and my running's improved, and I'm ready and 100 per cent able to perform."

Tags: cricket, sport, melbourne-3000, vic, australia

First posted December 26, 2012 09:40:48


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment