Monday, September 3, 2012

Scorchers secure Cummins, Marsh

Updated July 12, 2012 20:30:36

Australian paceman Pat Cummins has turned his back on the Sydney Sixers and signed with Perth Scorchers in this summer's Twenty20 Big Bash League.

Cummins, 19, and 20-year-old WA all-rounder Mitchell Marsh are the latest players to sign with the Scorchers.

Cummins says the chance to bowl regularly on the fast and bouncy WACA pitch was a big influencing factor in his decision to link up with the Perth franchise.

"Obviously I've heard a lot about the famous WACA decks," he said.

"Playing on there is going to be a big thrill for me and that was a big reason.

"Watching here last year, the crowds were packed out and obviously [I've] got a couple of good mates here playing as well.

"It's a great opportunity."

Marsh hit the headlines last week when he was sent home from Cricket Australia's centre of excellence in Brisbane after a boozy night out saw him unfit to train.

But the young star says there will be no more off-field indiscretions, and he regrets his actions in Brisbane.

"I made a mistake in Brisbane ... I guess I have had to take the penalties on the chin," he said.

"Obviously I was very sorry to the Scorchers and the WACA for my actions but it's a lesson very well learnt.

"Hopefully I know I won't make it again."

Tags: twenty20, cricket, sport, perth-6000, wa, australia

First posted July 12, 2012 20:30:36


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment